August 16, 2013

Kick-ass 2

Kick-ass 2 is the follow up to Kick-ass. So if you ever saw the movie Kick-ass you need to know what your expecting when you go into this film. You should know this film is R-rated so your going to get over the top comedy and its going to be super violent. Now my biggest fear for this movie was I loved the style and tone the Director Matthew Vaughn brought to the first one. So I didn't think his style would be placed into this film because he was just a producer on this one. So lets go to wait I thought about the film.

The acting in the film I found just like the first one done very will and pretty amazing. Chloe Mortez is once again the best and most fun of all the characters. She has really grown up in this film and she has a very cool arch for the film. The boy who played Kick-ass did very well and did a good job in this film as well. Now the wild card in this film was going Jim Carry and I very much enjoyed him in the film and it was a lot of fun to see him in something good again. Now the scripted by Jeff Wadlow who also is the director in this film. I thought his script was actually the best part of the film. It felt like a mix of the movie Super and The Avengers. He had a nice moral and a good theme thought out the whole film. He was also able to make very funny moments. With some really well shot action.

Now my biggest problem with the film is the fact that Vaughn wasn't there. He was there as a producer so. Some of the style and tone is there. The only problem is you can only do so much as a producer. Wadlow does his best job to recreate it but I think he fails. So I think if Vaughn was the director and he had the same script the film would have been much improved. There is also a pace issue at some points I feel is that it is a little too long. It could need some of the fat trimming. Now maybe this is just do I didn't find the direction good because the scenes it would be hard to trim this fat because it was a important fat. So I think this film is going to be a mixed bag for a lot of people and not everyone will enjoy this film. So for that I am going to give it a

RATING
3 out 4 Ticket Stubs

          

No comments: