May 23, 2014

X-Men: Days of Future Past

X-Men 7 should really be the title of this film. There have been seven, and I repeat, seven movies in this series. We get the return of so many people that it would be easier for you to just go and look it up on IMDB( It's pretty much everyone).  The biggest return in my eyes is the man in the chair (not the wheel chair), Bryan Singer. The one who started this crazy new era of comic books in my eyes. A basic overview of the film is that robots have taken over the world and the X-men need to send Wolverine back in time to save it.

Now a lot of people were worried that Singer had lost his touch after X2. Now most of the films weren't completely terrible. They just weren't that great of films. Also, the X-Men series hit a few rough spots without him. He is back in complete form with this film. It was almost as if he had never left the series. The film starts off and I could already tell who directed it. Singer moved the film at nearly perfect pace. I mean I haven't been this sucked into a action/comic book film in a long time. He does everything right. All the moments that need to be dark and dramatic work and all the parts that could have humor do and the action is tense. Everything works, nothing feels out of place or really off. He puts a theme through out the whole film. Which is something my critic mind loves. The acting is needless to say amazing. I mean when you have Sir Patrick Stewart and Sir Ian Mckellen and James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender, should you really be worried about their performances? The film is basically a perfect way you want to see a X-Men movie and a summer film.

I do have a few nick picky complaints. I don't like the way Singer handles some of the characters. Don't get me wrong, everyone gets their time to shine. And they shine greatly. The only problem I have is the addition of a couple of characters in the future parts. You don't really get to know them. I mean like at all. Now it doesn't hurt the film. Its already two hours and the only way they could fix it is to just make more of the film. Which would throw off the other parts of the film. So like I said it's just a thing I noticed. With that being said this movie is a great summer film. You will be really happy after you leave the theater.

RATING
4 out of 4 Ticket Stubs


No comments: