July 4, 2013

Pacific Rim

Pacific Rim is the next film directed by Guillermo del Toro. What is this film about it is about huge Godzilla like monsters vs mechs.  There is more of a story to this but does it really matter. I mean we go see this film for the giant monsters and the mechs and does it do this well.

The answer to that question is yes. These mechs and monsters look amazing. These are some the best CGI things I have seen in a long time. They look completely real and all that good stuff. The action in this film is top notch. I mean all the fight scenes are great there isn't a bad scene that has action in it. All the things are fun. The direction of the film is perfect. It is pulled back to so you can see the fight and there is little to no shaky cam. The tone of the film is perfect. It hits that tone that is perfect for just about anybody I mean if they really wanted to they could get this film to be PG instead of PG-13. It is perfect for anybody that is alive. This film is just one of those films that oozes fun. Another thing I would say see this film in  3-d. The depth of feel is amazing and when they do pop out at you it doesn't feel cheap at all. This is one of the films that is so good that it truly sucks you into the world that you are watching and makes you forget about the outside world. I would say if your one of the people that just want to see something very serious and has a really complex story. I would say stay away, but if your looking for easy the most fun I have had in the the theater so far this year (next to star trek) go see it you will not be disappointed. This film will turn you into a 12 year old again in no time falt.

Now this film does have its faults. The acting in this film is not the best. I am not saying everyone is bad, but the main problem comes form the male lead. You really don't feel for his character and the acting he does is just stiff. The female lead is better but still not that great. I will say that Idris Elba is amazing, but that is the only real good performance and the comedy done by Ron Perlmen and Charlie Day is just on point and very funny.  My only real complaint with the film is not real acted well and has a little bit of corny all over the film, but that being said I think it is easy a lot of fun and should be seen in at the movies.

RATING
3 out 4 Ticket Stubs


No comments: