July 19, 2013

The Conjuring

The Conjuring is the next horror film done by James Wan (Saw and Insidious). The film is about a house in Rhode Island. That is expecting a lot of odd things going in the house. So the family of 6 (that's a lot of kids) enlist the help of the Warren's a pair of ghost hunters.  This film is also based on a true story.

So the first person I would like to mention is the director James Wan. This man has behind behind some of the best horror films past decade. I really haven't hated any of his films.  This man has only have gotten better. This film has some the best just scares in a film. Also the film has some the best paced scares and just tense moments. By the third act of the film I was just on the edge of my seat not knowing what is going to happen. The tone of the film is perfect. Like it has some great old film call backs and feels a lot like the poltergeist. I also want to touch on the story and the acting that was done in the film. The acting in the film was top notch. All the actors in the film cared about the project and really wanted to see that the people that they were portraying with justice.That leads me to the way the story was told. I can tell that everybody just wanted the story to be told and done with serious intentions. Which really surprised me because most horror films just want to scare you. This really just wanted to tell the story  that just happened to be very creepy.

Now the only thing that I can say about this film that is bad. Is the fact that it is very scary. The reason I say this because it freaked the shit out of me. So if you are just freaked easily you will leave the movies crying. The reason why this film is rated R is because it is just very scary. So I am going to give this film  a

RATING
4 out of 4 Ticket Stubs. (one of my favorites this year)

No comments: