July 9, 2013

The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger is the next attempt of a big action series for Disney. It stars Armie Hammer as the lead role and then Jack Sparrow in white face paint as Tonto. Now I was never the biggest fan of the Lone Ranger. I was always a Zorro kid but that just me saying that I really don't hold this close to my heart and I don't know much about the characters and there long history. 

Now This film to has a lot of problems but you know how I do these reviews. I like to talk about the good first. The good in this film is that I think the film was shot very well. I really like the directors style  the director by the way is Gore Verbinski. He is has made some really good films in the past those being The Ring american remake (that I still can't watch to this day), Rango, and the Pirates of the Caribbean (the first three) movies. His stamp and style are all over this film. You can really tell they were going for the same over the top and fun tone that was the first Pirates movie. So also didn't hate all of the actors in this film. I thought William Fichtner was a good bad guy and actually really enjoyed his character. Also the film leaves with a real good taste in your mouth. The last I would say 15 minutes when the actual Lone Ranger theme kicks in is when the film gets great.

Now to the bad. I hated the story and the pace of this film. This film is about 2 and half hours long. It really only need to be a hour and half at the most. This film had the worst pace I have seen a long time most likely since The Hobbit. It was so slow and really didn't go anywhere. The story and script were  a pace of work. The story and then lines were not interesting. Like the story has been done before and done a lot better.  The lines none of them memorable and all the characters the made are not very likable. That leads me into both the characters of the Lone Ranger and Tonto. I really didn't them. Hammer's Lone Ranger was the not likable. He is just a dick of a character plus he is kinda a wimp for most of the film. Then Tonto was just Jack Sparrow in face paint which I knew and was afraid that Depp was going to do. He really needs to get away from that character. I mean I love Depp but do something else for christ sake. This film is already being called a box office flop. I would have a hard time finding anybody really I would recommending it to. I would say wait till the last 15 minutes gets put up on YouTube and you won't miss much.  

RATING
1 out of 4 Ticket Stubs


No comments: