August 9, 2016

Suicide Squad

Suicide Squad is next film in the DC film series. The film is about the team dubbed Task force X which is a group of super villains that can be controlled to do something that no one else can do and if they die or try to escape they can be disposed of. The film is directed by David Ayer and stars a ton of people. The big three that everyone wants to talk about is Will Smith as Deadshot, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn and last but really not least the front man of 30 Seconds to Mars  as The Joker.

Oh lets put a smile on that face. Leto. Leto. Leto. You had me worried there for a little but you did a good job. You crewed those scenes up and were having a blast doing so. I can't what to see you in the next Batman film. Moving on to the real cast of the film Smith does what Smith does best playing a completly cocky and crazy character that is just way to cool for school. Doing a great job there as well. Then Robbie coming in and just stealing the show as Harley Quinn. Really these three did a great job of really understanding the ins and outs of there chararters. They are the highlights of the movie. Actully all the acting and characters are the highlightes of this film. They all feel like real characters and we aren't just told information about them. We actually get to see them be characters which is real nice change of pace for DC. Ayer really did a great job of making a very character driven film. Which I honestly knew that he would. Just look at his last film Fury. Very character driven. The tone of the film was spot on and adding the just right amount of fun this film needed to work.

This film does have issues like all movies. The story telling in the film is really messy and a very jaring when they switch gears from each act. It does have a story but it really takes a backseat to the characters. Which I know a lot of people hate. I really don't mind a lackluster story if you give me good characters. Also the film was trying way to hard to be like Guradians of the Galaxy. It really didn't need to be. This film had the legs to stand on its own. I think Ayer style clashed with the style of James Gunn imitation. I don't know if this was the Studios call or Ayer trying to be like Gunn, but it didn't need to be here. Overall, I think this film is good. Not great but good. I walked out very entertained by this film. It has a lot of good characters and they feel like the characters from the books which is awesome. I do think if you are a fan of this characters and want to see a okay action film. Check it out.

RATING
2.5 out of 4 Ticket Stubs.

WB, what the hell are you doing. Suicide Squad should not be my favorite film out of the three you have made. This film is a lot better then BvS. Mainly because Suicide Squad is just messy as to were BvS is just plan stupid. How in the world do you get the Villains so right, but get the heros all wrong. I recently watch the extended cut of BvS. I still don't like the film, but it is a better movie. I find it funny that the things that were cut are about as long as the world building stuff that you forced into the film. If you would have just left out the world building. The film surrounding it would have been better. Then you apartly cut a lot of stuff out of this film as well. I know that there are great films somewhere in all these movie, but WB just keep shooting itself in the foot. The thing that these films really need to do is get a Kevin Feige. The problem with all these film is they have no one really who cares about these characters in the right spots. Get someone like Geoff Johns or Bruce Timm. In that producers chair let them be the head of the universe because they have done it before and better then what we have now. Please for the love of God fix this and the rest will fall into place.

Now, on to my second grip. Really a petition to stop reviewing DC films. This is by fair the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I don't even get paid to do this and I find this childish and backwards. Why would you want to stop someone from talking about your movies. People love to talk about films or at least the people I talk to. This is what we, I personally live for. I love to talk about why I don't like this movie or why I love this film or what could be cool if they did this. I understand that fans are afraid that movies won't get made. Why is that a bad thing? You still have the comics. The stories that these films are based on they can't take those away from you. But by ending film reviews like that you ending all dissciuon on the film good or bad. Unless you are okay if its postive. Like mine which is a postive review for the film. Do you want me to take mine down? Critics are not always right and they aren't always wrong. They are just a opinions on the piece of art. Would it suck to not see this stuff in live action? Yes, but does that mean I gonna sign something that takes away someones right to talk about film. Hell no.

No comments: