December 29, 2012

Django Unchained

Django Unchained is the next film by the legendary director and writer Quentin Tarantino(Pulp Fiction). The film is about a slave and who is given his freedom by a Bounty Hunter to find these three bothers who have a huge bounty on there heads. When they do this they bound and Django(the slave) wants to go save his wife's life. The bounty hunter agrees to help him do this and now we have Django Unchained.

I am going to start off the review saying that Quentin Tarantino is my personal favorite director so take everything I say with a gain of salt. Now to start off the review I want to talk about the acting in the film. Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, and Leonardo DiCaprio pay for your ticket alone. I loved the characters that Tarantino wrote for these guys. DiCaprio was one of the worst human beings I have ever seen in a film and I loved him for that. Waltz was a great character and just fit the role perfectly. Then Foxx really impressed me. He want form not saying much and not being very smart to this complete BA by the end of the film. The way this film was shot was classic Tarantino's fast zoom and well angled and great moving camera shots when they are talking I loved every minute it. The tone and pace that Tarantino does is perfect there is not one scene were I was like that wasn't really needed. He mix's comedy and this so super tense scenes so well together its crazy. This film is what I really wanted Inglourious Basterds to be. This was felt more like a older Tarantino movie with a huge budget. The script in this film was for lack of a better world perfect. It has all those things that we love about Tarantino which is his great dialogue and these really well done characters. He is was able to mix the style of a western and his style great. Also the are parts in the beginning where it almost feels like a buddy cop movie for a bit not to long, but I totally saw that.

This is easily the best and the most fun I have had in a movie in a long time the last time I had this much  fun in a movie was The Avengers. So that being said I need to talk about a few other things. The movie is being called racist and super violent and bloody. Well yes this film is very violent I meant almost Kill Bill violent. So you have been given the heads up about that. As to it being racist it isn't really racist they just really tried to make it time relevant which I thought really worked for the film. So this all still being said I still had a great time at the movies and highly recommend that everyone of the 17 or older to see this film. So of course I give it


RATING
5 out of 5 ticket stubs


Also since I have seen this film I am going to make my top 10 list very soon. I don't think its going to include Zero Dark Thirty, but if i see it and I don't make the list it still has the chance to make the list. So that is just a quick update on that.


No comments: