May 15, 2015

Mad Max: Fury Road

Mad Max: Fury Road is the sequel to Beyond Thunderdome and is the reboot to the Mad Max franchise. So if you don't know much about the franchise it is an post apocalyptic world where gas and water is the most valuable things you can have. It stars Tom Hardy as Max (replacing the Mel Gibson) Charlize Theronm who shares the opening credit title card with Tom Hardy (more on that later) and Nicholas Hoult. The story is your basic we need to get this group of people to to this area. Basically becoming the one of the worlds longest chase scenes.

I am gonna start with the negatives before I get into the positives about this film.  One of them being that this film is a genre film. It is an action film start to finish. It is a insane action film start to finish. Heavy on the insane or Mad... I couldn't help myself. So if this isn't your genre, you may want to skip this one. Also the writing is the weakest part of the film. Not bad, just the weakest part. That's it for the negatives. Time to gush.

This film is the best action film of the year. The only other one that is a contender is Kingsmen. This film is a masterpiece. Everything this film tries to do works. It does to a masterpiece quality. The acting in this film is perfect. Hardy is great as Max. A very good replacement for Gibson. The star of the film thought really is Theron. Her character has a great arc and the best moments in the film. Really stealing the show from Hardy. I was glued to the screen every time she did something. Furiosa (Theron's character name) is gonna go down as one of the great women of cinema. Up there with Ripley and Sarah Connor. I am telling you now. The action of the film is perfect. This is the my type of car film. The stunts they do can only be described as beautiful chaos. Everything they do, you are gonna want to see again and again. Plus it is mostly all practical effects. Those cars are really there flipping. I have been quoted as one of those guys that says that "they don't films like they used to". This film made me shut the hell up. George Miller is the man by the end of this film. Your gonna say watching  this film and saying just how did they do that,  more times then you can count. All the characters are strong. Including all the smaller characters. The film also looks amazing. I knew that from the trailer, but there are shots that just took my breath away. This maybe the best of summer. Done Gushing I swear.

I am not a fan of this series. I have only seen one of them. Two counting this one. I understood the film all the way thought so you don't need to see the others to get this one. So for the love of God gives this film money. So that we can get more films made this way. My rating for the is film is of course is

RATING
4 out of 4 Ticket Stubs

No comments: