June 27, 2014

Transformers: Age Of Extinction

Age of Extinction is the 4th in this film series. It has no returning characters from the 3rd film. The only thing that returns are voices in Optimus Prime and Bumble Bee. Instead we get all new characters. The actors in this film is Marky Mark as a Cade Yeager and his daughter Nicola Peltz. Those I would say are the main characters. You also have Stanley Tucci as one of the villains and John Goodman (I don't know why they didn't market that) as a Autobot (Hound).

Now Michael Bay, I am one of the few people that actaully enjoys some of his film. Like the Rock is a great 90's action film. I also really enjoy the first Bad Boys and the second Bad Boys be it really bad is still a guilty pleasure of mine. I also think he can be a really good director (if he wouldn't shoot myself in the foot all the time). Now Marky Mark is easily one the best things about this film. I actaully really bought him in his character. Well at least one half of his character he plays a junk man that makes things into inventions and a father. Now the inventor I had a hard time believing, but the father I could get behind easily. So most of the really good acting and dialog you will see come out of Marky Marks mouth. I also really enjoy John Goodman as the Autobot that he played and thought I have seen Peltz give a really bad performance in The Last Airbender. She is not to bad in this, actually the only other part that I really enjoyed acting wise. Oh and before I forget to mention this the action is cool and CGI is very good.

Now to the problems. I am not going to bash the film, I will admit is has a ton of flaws. To many to mention in this review. For starters the script is all over the place. The story is so bloated and completely all over the place that the story of this film really doesn't matter. The pace of the film is terrible. I mean its a 2 hours and 30 minutes and I got bored at the 1 hour mark So it was a long night for Kyle in the theater. It's just very slow or felt very slow. I don't know how he did that when at least half of the film is action. The characters once again besides Marky Mark are just stereotype after stereotype. The dialogue can go from not to bad to, me rubbing my eyes bad.  Some characters are very annoying like Peltz boyfriend who does absolutely nothing for the film and Tucci who started off very good but soon became a character that yells and screams the whole time. I can see this time that Bay actually tried to change things up. Marky Mark is a great lead character and you can really get behind him the action sense. Which really helps,because that was my one my problems with the other the main character couldn't do anything. Now he is in the middle of the action doing stuff.  There are even some darker parts, but over all this is the same film as the last 3 nothing any different. So its really hard for me to recommend this film to anybody. Besides die hard fans of this film series.

RATING
.75 out of 4 Ticket Stubs

No comments: