July 20, 2015

Ant-Man

Ant-Man the worlds smallest superhero. This is the next film for Marvel and the start of Phase 3. The film stars Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly and Michael Douglas. The story follows Scott Lang (Rudd) who is a man down on his luck after being released from prison. Till Hank Pym needs him to steal some stuff that could possible  have huge negative effects on the world.

Marvel, Marvel, Marvel. I have to hand it to you guys. After hearing that Edgar Wright had left the project. I thought this was going to be your first major miss. I was so wrong. This film was a very well made film. The film had great characters and just  perfect casting for Hank Pym in Michael Douglas. I want more of him in the films down the line. I doubt I will see it, but a man can dream. I really enjoyed the way they took this film. It wasn't your typical superhero film. It wasn't that "I got to stop this bad guy by beating him up" type of story. This truly was a heist film it just had a lot of Superheroes in it. This is much like how Winter Solider was a political thriller with superheroes in it. All the actors were very good. No one in the main cast really missing a beat. Rudd was great as Lang to match the perfect acting done by Douglas. Rudd is a very much welcomed addition to Marvel team. The film is also funny which is good, but I have more to say on this later. Also the action in the film is very impressive just cool to watch and very well done.

Now, the negatives of this film. I am starting to get sick of the comedy that Marvel is putting into its films.  This film it worked, just because they know how nuts this all is. Like its kind of that we realize how odd and off the is off the wall this situation is funny. But I hope there next film is more serious. I am not saying not to have wit, but tone it down. The other big problems with the film is this film is very, very recycled. Big time with the villain it isn't a bad performance, but just nothing memorable about him. This one is once again just very well made film like all the other Marvel superhero films. Which is I am starting to get sick of sadly. I personally think that Marvel films are going to see a decline soon and not just Marvel film, but Superhero films in general. Only time can tell. But this film luckily, for us is still a great time at the movies.

RATING
3 out of 4 Ticket Stubs



No comments: