October 7, 2011

Near Dark

Near Dark is a vampire film. Yes there are a lot of vampire films out there now. This film is very descent very style over subsidence. I enjoyed the films look a lot and the blend of western and vampire film. The writing was very well done, but happens in this film is some of the actors don't seem to get into there characters at all. When others really get into there roles. The main two characters are very well written, but the acting around them was not well done. The characters that are perfect and just well written are the side characters I loved the head vampire of the movie. His screen presence was just amazing. Another thing that I thought that was kinda cool was the fact that they never really say that they are vampires in the film. What the biggest problem with the film to me is this film was supposed to be a horror film and I just wasn't scared at all. There wasn't any really good scares in this film. It also has a more of a Twilight feel to a movie, but I still liked parts of the film. The last ten minutes of  the film are awesome. I say if you want a Twilight like movie rent this, but if your looking for a horror film it is a skipper.

RATING
2.5 Ticket Stubs out of 5

No comments: