September 25, 2013

Curse of Chunky

The Curse of Chucky is the 6th. That's right sixth movie in the child's Play/ Chucky series. The film stars the voice of the Chucky (Brad Dourif) who has played him in all six of the movies.  Which makes me happy as a fan. The film is set about 4 years after last Chucky movie ( I didn't know that by watching the movie thank you Wikipedia). It is centered Nica who is mailed the Chucky doll. When crazy things happening because of the evil doll.

Now this movie was supposed to be return to the roots of Chucky which is a horror movie. This is awesome for the true Chucky fan. Which I am I have seen every single Chucky film is that a good thing. No its not a good thing at all. What this film does well is actaully what they set out to do and make a over the top horror film. In the old style of horror. A good old Slasher film. I personally love all types of horror films. I think this why I like B movies so much. Now this a slasher film you have to know what your getting with this film. Lots of blood and over the top deaths along with some odd and goofy humor. It gives you all of that.

Now what the film fails at is being a very fresh and just all around good movie. This film is made for the fans for Chucky and has a lot of call backs to the first set of films. I loved it but most people won't really care. It is a enjoyable film if you like slasher and 80's movies like me, but if your in the majority your not really gonna like this film. It does have some really good and creepy ass scenes in the beginning of the film and actually is able to keep a lot of tension thought out the film, but it isn't very scary like some better VOD horror movies out there.

RATING
Fans 3 out of 4 Ticket Stubs
Everyone Else 1 out of 4 Ticket Stubs


No comments: