October 13, 2012

Dead Poets Society

Dead Poets Society is about a new teacher coming to a all boys private boarding school. The new teachers name is John Keating played by Robin Williams. Yes I know I finally saw this film took me awhile, but man am I happy that did. I am going to start off with the acting everyone in this film is great. Robin Williams gave the performance of his life in this. He was better then Good Will Hunting. Then the kids in this film all gave great performance I didn't hate anybody in this movie. Now the writing in this film is just speechless. I loved this screenplay. The lines carpe diem and Oh captain my captain. Some of the best lines in film history and I understand why. I really recommend this movie for anybody, but if you are in high school or college please watch this movie at least once. The plot of the film was about this kids trying to find there own voice and become something that they wanted to be. It speaks very true in two characters. Todd and Neil those are my favorite characters. Neil wants to act, but his parents won't let him. Todd is a very shy and quite and doesn't thing he is anything important to say. Both of these characters get great development and actually change by the end of this film. Peter Wier directed this film and boy does he knock it out of the park with this film. He gets a perfect pace and tone and keeps it thought out the whole movie. I was never not entertained by this film. Now the way this movie was shot actually blew my mind every shot was picked perfectly. Now about the last 5 minutes of film is one of the best endings to a movie I have ever seen. I was about to start clapping watching this by myself. It is one of the most moving scenes in film history. I highly recommend this film.

RATING
5 out of 5 Ticket Stubs

No comments: