October 18, 2012

Paranormal Activity 4

Paranormal Activity 4 is the next in the Paranormal series. This is the official sequel to 2 so this one takes place a few years after 2. The story centers around the a girl named Alex who has a new neighbor and creepy stuff start to happen. Now there are some good parts about this movie. I like the 2 actors playing the parts of Alex and Ben (Alex's boyfriend). They were very good in the film. I really believed that they were real characters. Ben was very funny character and really keep me in the film. Alex was just felt real like you would see this girl in the streets everyday.It still a really good movie to watch with your friends to get scared.  Now there were a ton of problems with this film. First off the plot had way to many holes. I can't really discuss them without spoiling anything, but trust me they are there. Next tone felt off in this film. It wasn't as intense as the last 3 films. Now the biggest problem with this movie was the scares. Now I get that Paranormal staples are jump scares. The scares in this film are just cheap and not as good as 1 2 and 3. Don't get me wrong it does have its better scares in this one, but they are few and far between. This movie on a whole felt very rushed. I think the producers didn't wait for a well crafted and needed story. This one feels very pointless. It doesn't move the story in anyway and it doesn't do anything new like the 3rd one did. This one feels and i believe is a totally cash grab. I don't really say you need to see this movie. If your thinking about seeing it just because you like the series and think you need to see to keep the story going just wait for dvd.

RATING
2 out of 5 Ticket Stubs

 

No comments: