October 25, 2012

Sinister

Sinister is the new horror film staring Ethan Hawke. It is about a writer who moves his family into a new house. What he writes about is true life murders that haven't been solved. So he moves into the house of a missing child and the death of her whole family. To start this review off I am going to say this folks. This one is easily the scariest film I have seen all year. I actually yelled in the theater. So that being said I loved this movie. Ethan Hawke was so good in this movie. I mean form start to finish. The stuff he was seeing was really effecting him. He put on a great performance as this character. Now the director of the this film has made exorcist of Emily Rose. So he knows his ways around a horror film. He hits it out of the park with this film. The opening scene of this film sets a perfect tone to this film and boy is that tone creepy. It really never lets up(more on that later) The way this film was shot was great. Very dark and low colored which I love. Now the scares in this film were great. There is one with a lawn motor may have jumped out of my seat and then the final scare I may have yelled in the theater. The score of this film was great it really keep me in this film. Now I did find one problem with this film. I personally didn't think it was problem, but I still need to point it out. The film actually has drama parts. I personally loved that it made feel a lot more closer to these characters. So people are looking for none stop scares you will miss out at some points. So if your looking for a good horror movie to go see at Halloween. This is your film. So even with the littlest pace issue I am giving still giving this my highest score.  Please people if you want a good horror movie see this movie.

RATING
5 out 5 Ticket Stubs

No comments: