October 5, 2012

Frankenweenie

Frankenweenie is the other stop motion,clay motion film. This one is directed by Tim Burton. It is about a lonely kid named Victor who loses his dog and only real friend sparky. So Victor gets the idea to bring his dog back to life and it works. Now as you may have guessed things start to happen and that's where the story takes off. Now to get this out of the way. I have not really been liking Burton's movies recently. I have said that he needs to go and change his style. Now this film was a short that he did way back when he first started. This has all the same Burton like things, but man did I still love this movie. I had a lot fun watching this film. It hits that great tone of were that it is a kids movie, but it really isn't. The film had some actually really creepy parts. One character comes to mind. The one with the big eyes and if you see the movie you know the one I am talking about. Also the characters in general are great in this film. Love all them. Wish you could see more of them, but still all very good and still get a lot of screen time. Burton knocks it out of the park with this film. He hits a perfect tone and pace with the film. Then the music done by Danny Elfman is perfect fits every moment of this film so greatly. Pick it up if you like scores like I do(also I would do the same for ParaNorman). The puppets they used looked great and just fit the film so well. It was a smart idea to make the film black and white because this film feels like one of those old black and white horror movies and pays them great honor. Now I saw this in 3d, but don't see in it 3d. Everything about the depth of feel was great and it still looked great but I think if you see it without the glasses you will get more from the puppets. Now this film has one minor problem.  Now the script is really well written and you get a great relationship with Victor and Sparky which is the main story. The plot line itself feels a little under developed and not the funniest movie. That is my only problem with this film. A very small problem. Still I highly recommend this film.

RATING
4.5 Ticket Stubs out of 5.

No comments: