November 26, 2012

Rise of the Guardians

Rise of the Guardians is the next animated adventure form Dreamworks. They have been doing a lot of really good work. Like with  How to Train Your Dragon and that was great. So I was really looking forward to this film form the trailer. The story is about the Santa, Easter-bunny  Sandman and Tooth-fairy are real and they protect the children of the world.  Pitch Black is coming back to plung the world into darkness and the Guardians need Jack Frosts help to stop him.

Now what I enjoyed about this film was the voice acting done by all the leads. The ones that I thought were the best were Jack Frost and Pitch Black. This is my all time favorite villain for a kids movie next to the villain in Wreck it Ralph. Jude Law as Black was so good. The voice was so creepy and chilling I loved every minute that he was on the screen. Then Frost voiced by Chris Pine he was really good here. He made you really feel for the character. Another good thing about this film was the action and the score. The action was pretty sick like the fight scenes were very cool. Then the score made everything have this great scene of tone and action based feel.

Now what I what I didn't really like about this film. The humor was really hit and miss for me. Like it had some moments that it was pretty funny and smart. The other part about the humor I never really had a big out loud laugh. So i was really looking for a really funny and cool animated film and i didn't get that. Another thing about this film. It had a lot of holes and problems with pure storytelling. I felt that if the movie was a bit longer then they could have fixed this, but what kids is going to sit thought a 2 hour animated film.

So when it comes down to it. This film is still really enjoyable. The kids will really like it, but the adults will find it boring and not as heart warming. It was still a over all descent film. So my rating is going to be

RATING
3 out of 5 Ticket Stubs.




No comments: