November 1, 2013

Ender's Game

Ender's game is based off the book written by Orson Scott Card. The film is centered around Ender Wiggin and the world that he lives in. The world he lives in is earth in the future after a massive war with the evil alien race. So the military fearing the fearing of another attack by the them start to enlist this very gift kids to train and fight for them in this war.

Now to begin. I think this film is a really well done science fiction tale. It creates a great world and a very cool enemy. I also think the films action is really well done. It has really great moments. I really enjoyed like the 30 of the film. It was really good and set up for a get end of the film. Another really strong part of the film was the acting done by the main two. I thought Harrison Ford and Asa Butterfield did a great job. Ford was super intense in the film. Then Butterfield I really enjoyed as a main character. He was clam and cool and just all around good character. I will get more into the characters in a little bit later on in the review. I also really enjoyed the way it was shot and the tone of the film that in credit to the director of the film Gavin Hood. I also liked the score to the film it created very hardcore and moving moments all at the same time.

My problems with the film is the pace. All the problems really go back to the pace of the film which is super odd. Like you can tell this is based off the book and they are moving really quickly thought the book to get to the end of the film. The only thing is the film is slow. I really don't know how Hood pulled that off. Like it was a slow film with a lot of fast and no breathing scenes. It made no sense to me in the theater.  Also since the pace of the film was so sloppy that you really don't get to know the characters. Then only people you care for is Ender and Graff (Ford). Also Ford really doesn't have much of an arc in the film maybe it is extended in the later books of the series, but I don't know the books.

I think this film is okay and is still a fun time in at the movies much like I thought Carrie was. This was better then Carrie. Which i saw just was unable to do a review. I think if you want to watch it go ahead. Its not you are going to walk of the theater mad you saw it, but if you aren't a fan of this type of film run fast.

RATING
2.5 out of 4 Ticket Stubs.

Carrie mini review.
If you wanted to see Carrie and ever saw it go see the new one. If you have seen the old one it is better so just stick with that.
1.5 out of 4 Ticket Stubs.

No comments: