November 30, 2013

Frozen (2013)

Frozen is the new animated Disney film, not the Adam Green horror film. The film stars Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell in the Princess roles. The story is about a coming of age queen that basically has the powers of ice and snow.  The film is a return to the classical way Disney films are made with the songs and the magic of Disney.

To start off, the film is a musical with a grand total of around 10 songs. All of them are good. I mean, I enjoyed every song that was played in the film. My personal favorite of the film is "Let It Go". I have that song still stuck in my head about 3 hours after the film. The animation in the film was perfect. It was gritty and it added a great layer to the film. The pace and the tone were great. It was very fast paced and it hit that great classic Disney tone. That Disney tone is one of the hardest tones to hit and this team of people hit like a hammer to a nail. It really is just impressive in it of itself. The pace is fast but works for the film and keeps you from getting bored. The voice acting and the characters themselves were very good. My favorite character, Elsa (Menzel), was great and really brought life to this film. Another great character was Olaf. He comes into the film and just pushes this film from good to great and turns it to an instant classic.  The overall theme of the film, love, works very well into this film.

My problems with film are very few. My biggest problem of the film is that the songs all feel very unbalanced. The beginning of the film  is jam packed with songs, just one after another, and it's almost like stepping over into Le Miz. Then, it just stops for a long time and eventually brings it back for one song. It just really took me out of the film. My other problem, which is just a personal one and may not apply to everyone, is the fact that I really wanted to see more of Elsa. She is in the film a lot and is one of the main characters of the film, but I just wanted a little more like one more song from her or another scene. That being said this easily my favorite animated film of the year. With that being said I am going to give it a

RATING
3.25 out of 4 Ticket Stubs

No comments: