April 4, 2014

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Captain America: The Winter Solider is the sequel to Captain America: The First Avenger. Now I don't want to tell you to much of the story, but the film is the mix of a Bourne film with superheroes. It of course stars Chris Evans as Captain America. It also has Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Samuel Jackson (Nick Fury), and Anthony Mackie (Falcon). There is one more person, but he needed his own sentence Robert Redford.

Well to start the acting is very good. I enjoyed everyone in this film. I think the real standouts are Johansson and Redford. Johansson just kills it as Black Widow, as she always does. I mean she kicks some serious butt through out the film, but still holds your attention during the drama parts of the film. Redford is Redford. I mean the dude chills it in his role. He just commands every scene he is in. Now the reason why I didn't want to tell much of the story is because the writing in this film is amazingly good. The story and characters work so unbelievably well. This is the Captain America film fans have been wanting for a long time. The film makes the dude completely rock. Personally I couldn't wait to see that on screen. The story really is a superhero movie, but is also more of spy movie. The director change in the Russo bothers was aboustley perfect. They got these shots that look amazing. The pace and tone are perfect for the film. It feels like it is set in our world and nothing feels truly out of place. Now I will admit they do change some stuff, but this change was so good that if the writers would have put it in the comic book it would have fit. Also there is a lot of drama, so when the action in the film happens (all shot extremely good) it makes it all the more tense. I want all the action films to look the way this one looked.

I really don't have too many complaints about this film. I mean, I really enjoyed the film. It really works for everyone. If you aren't a big fan of a comic book movie you will really enjoy it. If you are a big fan of comic book films you will like it even more. This is easily one of the best (if not the best) Marvel film. The biggest thing I can say is that they really understood Captain America and I am so happy that they did.

RATING
3.75 out of 4 Ticket Stubs

No comments: