May 23, 2013

The Hangover Part III

The Hangover Part III is the final movie in the one of the most unlikely trilogies  ever. Well to start we all know that this film is kind of about if you have seen the first two, but I will say that the this film is tonality different to the other two films. The reason why I say that is because it plays more like a adventure film then a comedy. They also get rid of them waking up and finding out what they did the night before. This time go around they most help a gangster (John Goodman) find Chow because he stole his gold. Then craziest happens.



Now this film I was looking for a great comedy  Hopefully as good as the first one was. I didn't get that. This film is funny don't get me wrong it does have some pretty funny scenes, but they are nowhere  as good as they were in the first film. This film is a lot funnier then the second one which is a really big plus in my book. Also I thought they really could have used John Goodman more. I mean when he is on the steals the scene. He can also be super funny, but they didn't use that side of Goodman which I didn't enjoy. The film does have some actually really tease and gripping scenes. So it really caught me off guard. When there was a tense and a few really actually sweet moments.  The pace and tone where good. The film is never boring and it is the story is always moving forward. Now this is only after viewing the film once and i have no need to see this film again. I feel if you watch the film multiple times it won't be as funny and could get boring. The acting in the film was good enough I thought. I am not expecting Oscar worthy acting, but everyone does there job well. I did want to touch on the character of Allen a little. He was in this film played off as a dick. In the first film he was more of a likable idiot which I liked a lot more. Some most of the readers may not mind this, but it did bug me so I thought I would mention it. Todd Phillips direction was pretty good in this film for a comedy. He moved the camera and pick some good looking shots.

My big problem with the film is the fact that is terribly descent.  I don't think that people will remember it after they watch once. It has no real laugh out loud moments. It has no moments where you are just looking a the screen question whats going to happen next. The viewer can get to the point faster then the characters on screen do. So I am going to say if you are of a fan of the first one you will enjoy the film, but if you didn't like the first one you can skip it or wait for DVD/BluRay.

RATING
2 out of 4 Ticket Stubs.

No comments: