June 21, 2013

World War Z

World War Z is the film based on the Max Brooks book World War Z. Now I have read a lot and all the sources say that this movie takes a lot of its own liberality's with the source the material. Now what the film is centered around Brad Pitt and his mission to figure out how to get rid of the zombie plague.

Now this film strongest points are really is the pace of the film and thrills that it puts you on board for. I mean this film roles into about a 2 hour Zombie movie and it really is entertaining for beginning to end. Almost every scene you will be on the edge of your seat watching whats going to happen to Brad Pitt and whats going to happen the area closest to him. My favorite scene which really isn't much of a spolier is the plane scene if you have seen the trailer you know what I am talking about. It really is a awesome scene. Now a real strong point of the film is Brad Pitt. I mean that man is a movie star ( I know that is a stupid statement). He was so good in this film. I mean its crazy that he hasn't won a oscar yet. He is in that group of people that its just stupid that he hasn't won one yet. Along side George Clooney and Leo, but back to the point. You see almost every emotion in the face of Brad Pitt he just really surprised me. Also think the director did a pretty good job with the camera work you see a lot of the action and its pulled away so you get to see the total madness that is going on with the zombies. Now I know one thing I was worried about was the CG zombies. They pull it off like they are creepy and just insane. They like twitch and chatter there teeth it was very well done.

Now this film has its faults and it is to do with the characters of the film. I mean you really don't care about any of them. I mean you care about Brad Pitt because he has a family in the film, but I think that is your on real care for him and besides his amazing acting. The rest of the acting in the film was fine and I am not saying it was bad, but the writing of the characters was just bland and just was there to move the story along. That really is my only and biggest compliant for the film because the rest of the film is very good so my rating is going to be

RATING
3 out of 4 Ticket Stubs.

No comments: