January 7, 2013

Jack Reacher

Jack Reacher is a film about a man who is up for killing 5 random people and he asks for the help form a man named Jack Reacher. That is the simplest why I could tell this story. The movie stars Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher and Rosamund Pike as a lawyer defending the man.

This film has been been getting a really bad reputation for what it is. Now I am not just gonna sit here and rip on this film. It honestly does have some good points and some decent things done. Tom Cruise to me is the saving grace of the film he is the best actor in the whole film. I can tell when they were writing the film they gave all the good lines to him, because everything that everyone else says is super crony and just bad writing. Now the weakest point to this film to me was the acting done by Pike I swear her face doesn't change at all everything that happens to her is just like a straight up surprised to her. I was in the movie just sitting like for the love of god please act better. Also I had a huge problem with the tone of this film it was all over the place. It had this very light harded scene and then go to this hugely dramatic scene it was all over the place and I really hated it. Also the film was only 2 hours and it felt like 3 hours it was very slow and boring. I was very hard for me to get thought.

So that I did kinda get thought all the bad in the movie to what i thought the movie did well besides Cruise. The action scenes had some nice impact. The car chase was pretty sick and when he was fighting it was very cool. Also there is a scene where you relive the shooting and it is a very tease scene and very well paced scene and shot well. Now since those are the only really the good things that I liked about the film I can't give it a high praise. So my rating will be

RATING
2 out of 5 Ticket Stubs
 

No comments: