January 11, 2013

Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs (1937) (Disney Collection)

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Who doesn't know the story to this one. Its about a evil queen trying to become the fairest in the land and they way she has to do this is to kill Snow White are main character. When the queen tries this snow escapes and gets help form the Seven Dwarfs. This is one of the first movies I ever saw as a kid so it holds a special place in my heart it was cool to revisit it.

Snow White is like the bar that all disney princess movies and cartoon movies is set to. The art in this film is crazy good. It doesn't look dated at all. It was the first full feature long cartoon movie ever made. It has timeless scenes and timeless songs like "Its off to work we go." The movie is still good to this day. I loved rewatching it. I was laughing and it was just very well made. To me and i think a lot of people would agree the best part about this film was the Dwarfs. You fall in love with these characters and you hope nothing bad ever happens to them. Also the are a few scenes were the movie is very creepy. Like the scenes where the evil queen turns into the old lady and she gives the apple to Snow. Also we she is killed (which i had totally forgotten how she does die)  was just awesome and some great images and art. To say I love this film is not enough. This is the one of the reasons why I want to do what I want to do. 

This film will always be a classic and should always be looked at as one. So its easy to tell you that I am going to give this film a rating of 

RATING
5 out of 5 Ticket Stubs


No comments: