January 30, 2013

Dumbo (Disney Collection)

Dumbo is the 4th film done by Disney animation studios. This is were the company started to fall on hard times. The film clocks at in at just around a hour. The movie is about the elephant Jumbo Jr. who is nicknamed Dumbo. Who has huge ears I mean huge ears. This is his story about him trying to get his mother out of the "jail".

Dumbo is a very different film. You can tell the company has taken a hit form the depression. Now the film has some really great moments and the  scenes that we all remember for childhood are still there and just as powerful. I liked the film for the most part. It has a good story and you really do feel for Jumbo (dumbo). He is a great protagonist, but who really saves this film for is the mice manager. I loved his character rewatching the film. He is funny and he is smart. The film would have really a lot more difficult to get thought if that character wasn't good. The animation is really good. Not as good as Fantasia, but I think its because this film was so much cheaper to make then Fantasia. Its gonna be awhile before I see animation as good as Fantasia I feel. The tone of the film was great. It never let up it had this magical feel all the way thought. Also my favorite scene in the film was the "Pink Elephants" really good song and a lot of fun. I thought it was funny about Jumbo gets drunk and figures out that he can fly. I am not sure what was in that liquor, but dang that's some strong stuff to make you see pink elephants and fly.

Now what I didn't really love was the film was very slow. Its odd saying that for a film that clocks in at just about a hour. It has a good story and I was into it, but it jus slows down a lot like right after Jumbos mom gets thought in jail. Like he meets the mouse and then after that nothing really big happens. Maybe its just that part of the film I didn't really enjoy or what. This is still a very good film. I think if you showed this film back to back with Bambi you would have a very good Double Feature like thing going on. They are very tonely the same film. So my finale thoughts and rating is going to be


BLOG UPDATE: Okay I am four movies into the Disney Collection Series. I am sure everyone wants me to get to the 90's don't worry I will get there (just may take me awhile). The next one is going to be Bambi. After Bambi there is 6 movies that I am going to skip. These films were a bunch of films with a lot of shorts in them. They are very hard to find. I am sorry I won't be able to do those. I will pick up in the 50's with Disney's Cinderella. After that one I shouldn't have to skip any, but if I do I am sorry. People seem to be reading these so I am going to keep going. Thanks for the all the views it really means a lot. Also if you ever want my review on a certain film let me know. You know you can friend me on facebook or just email me or comment below and let me know. Stay tuned for more great reviews.

RATING
3.5 out of 5 Ticket Stubs


No comments: