February 1, 2013

Warm Bodies

Warm Bodies this is what Twilight should have been. This is the story of a zombie named R and Julie a human and how they saved the world form the zombie apocalypse. The film was made by the Director of 50/50.  Now,  to what I thought about the film.

In the intro I said that this is what Twilight should have been. Okay I am just making a joke. This has more in the roots of ZombieLand then Twilight. A good place to start talk about the film is the tone. It is a great tone. It hits that very cool and funny tone that Zombieland hit and doesn't let it up. I really enjoyed it for this. Also I think the acting in the film was really good. I loved to the two leads a lot. The actor playing R was played by the guy who plays beast in x-men frist class (Nicholas Hoult who has another movie coming out later this year Jack the Giant Slayer). Then Julie was played by Teresa Palmer who has stared in I am Number Four by far her best performance was in this film. I also really just enjoyed the story and actually the romance of the film.  It was just a good story and very fun good movie. I would also like to talk about the practical effects. For a PG-13 zombie film they were very well done the zombies looked very cool. Also I would like to talk about the Director this guy is totally the next big thing he has had two really good films in a row now. This guy knows what he is doing behind the camera. So I can't wait to see his next film. DOP was very well done as well. It was lit the way I like with all the dark tones and stuff along that way. So it made all the sun and brighter shots look just that much better.

Now this film does have its problems. I think besides the leads some of the acting could have been better. My main actress that I didn't like was Analeigh Tipton I didn't like her. She had some odd moments that were supposed to be funny but came out stale. Also pace is not bad its just not great. I think it slows down for me just a little, but it is still a great pace just a little problem, but not huge at all. The CGI in the film was not that great. It wasn't awful but I can tell this was a lower budgeted film. The  thing that I hated the most about this film thought was the trailer. I hated the trailer to this film. It gave away so much of the action parts and even some of the jokes are ruined. So I am not going to post a trailer in this review just read my review and hopefully go in kinda blind. So after this is all said and done this is easily the best film of 2013 so far, but we are only in February. My finally rating is going to be

RATING
4 out of 5 Ticket Stubs.

No comments: