February 6, 2013

Bullet to the Head

Bullet to the Head is the next action film done by Sylvester Stallone. The dude is 66 and can still kick some serious ass. Now the story of the movie is pretty simple Stallones pattern was killed and he wants to get revenge for the set up. He meets this cop that is also on the case and they need to team up to take the bad guys down.

What I liked about the film was that it had some cool action and the title of Bullet to the Head is a very good title for the film. Stallone was one of my favorite actors as kid. I loved Rocky and still do. I really want to revisit that movie series. He still has that I am gonna call it Stallone speech and you can't understand a word he is saying, but the film still has some really good lines. Also this film is total 80's. Now I am gonna put that in loved it, but others may not like that. So the tone of the film is absolutely perfect for the film. It has those crony one liners that don't always work, but sometimes they do. Also the bad guy played by the barbarian in Game of Thrones was so cool.  He was this huge force that you would not want to mess with and he has this sarcasm that I loved.

Now to what I didn't like about the film. The pace in the film was awful. The whole movie had a hard time to that flowed together. You could really feel in the intro of the film and the just the over all pace. The film felt really slow. Also the characters besides Stallone and the bad guy the characters were very flat and not the best. Also this film had a lot of shaky cam. I hate shaky cam. I really want directors that don't know how to shoot this style of to stop doing that. I mean Stallone can throw some punchs and you don't really get to see the full thing of that punch. This film was over all not completely awful but I would say if you want to go see a movie go see Warm Bodies right now.

RATING
2.5 out of 5


No comments: