January 19, 2013

Pinocchio (Disney Collection)

Pinocchio is the story of a man named Geppeto who is a lonely man who builds toys for a living. He one day makes a wooden marionette boy. He wishes upon a star (yes i did just do that) for the boy to come to life and the blue fairy comes down and grants him this wish and he comes to life.

Now Pinocchio was a great idea for Disney I really have to hand it to them this movie was really aimed at all kids not just girls which Snow White was. This movie was all about morals really hits you over the head with it. Like don't lie, don't drink, and don't smoke or you will be turned into a donkey. This one wasn't as focused on music as Snow White was. Which I really enjoyed it for that, but it does have the song that would become Disneys theme with "when you wish upon a star".  Now this one I feel was a little slower paced which I think kinda worked for the movie it really told a great story about how to be a good kid.  The animation and drawing in this film was amazing the art in this film was so much better then Snow White.

I feel like this one was more of what they wanted Snow White to be. Also I would like to mention that is one is so much darker then Snow White and actually very creepy. I mean you can see Pinocchio smoke a whole cigar. Then also take a big swig of beer. Then the scene when the kids start turning into donkeys was actually creepy and very sad. The things that I didn't like about the film was that it was slow and the tone was kinda all over the place. Like you were supposed to happy one moment and sad the next so this movie is still very much a classic and very good, but just not as good as Snow White form that you can most likely guess my rating of

RATING
4.5 out of 5 Ticket Stubs

No comments: