March 5, 2013

Cinderella (Disney Collection)

Cinderella is the next Disney princess movie. It is about the story of a young girl named Cinderella who was in a loving family but when her mother dies and her father remarries she is taken care of by her evil stepmother. Now that the basic story is set up everyone knows were this story goes.

This film feels a lot like Snow White version 2.0. It restarted doing bigger higher budgeted films then they were doing during the 40s. I to start off really enjoyed this film. We are starting to get into films that I personally haven't seen a long time or seeing for the frist time. This is no way my frist viewing of Cinderella, but I really haven't this film in a long time. What I really enjoyed about this film is it felt for like lack of a better term more modern. It had this way about it like it  had a very well thought thought story and good side characters that you can fall in love with. Like my favorite characters in the whole movie were the Mice (seriously disney we get you guys love mice) and the king. I was actually laughing at the jokes they were saying and what was happening to them.  Also I another thing that i really enjoyed was the music in this film. I really enjoyed a lot of the songs in this film. Like Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo and I think its called the work song on the cd.  Everything really just works in the film it has just a certain type of magic around it which is great.

This is easily one of the best Disney films and is really going to stand the test of time. This movie is 63 years old and it still works. I loved the villain in this movie, but if there is one thing I will take away form this film is the Step Mother. She is a really good bad guy. Like form start they way they made her face and how they make her look at the camera is actually brilliant. There is a shot in the film were everything goes black and all you get is a shot of just her green evil eyes. I was just shocked how good it was and effective it was. So my rating on this film is going to be this

RATING
5 out of 5 Ticket Stubs.   



No comments: