March 10, 2013

Dead Man Down

Dead Man Down is the film by the director who brought us the first Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Also stars the frist girl to be Lisbeth. So the film is actually just to put it simply without giving away anything is a revenge tale.

Now what was good about this film was the acting done by the main two characters. Colin Farrell plays  Victor are main character. I enjoyed his character all the way thought the film. He was the best part of the film for me. Without his actting I think the film would have really fallen apart. Then the other lead was Noomi Rapace who has been damaged and she also puts on a really good performance. Now beside those facts the director did okay. He had a good visual style and I enjoyed what he did with some of the camera moves and shots. He also hits a very good tone all the way thought the film. I say this and I mean he stays with one type of tone the whole time which is good. I did enjoy it for that.

Now this film does have its far share of problems like for one the pace. The frist act is okay at best and at least got me into the film. The second suffers so much. It is so slow. It could have been a lot better like there a few really good scenes and moments in the second act. Just few and very far between. Also almost everyone else in this movie was not a good character. Like the bad guys are just not good. I ever felt any real tension when the scenes were the Farrell and the bad guy meet. He just felt like he was in control the whole time. Also this film also has a few holes. Which i can tell was form a lazy writer. Now this film was okay and some good moments and for that my rating is going to be

RATING
2.5 out of 5 Ticket Stubs

 

No comments: