March 31, 2013

Evil Dead (2013)

Evil Dead is the remake of the 1981(i got that wrong in my video) horror film The Evil Dead. In this one 4 friends go up to a cabin in a woods and try to get there friend to quit doing drugs.

Now I am a big fan of the first film. It was over the top and a lot of fun and actually really good at scaring people. This film biggest strength is that the film stay so true to the first movie. The Director of the movie really made a great film with a perfect tone. Also you can really tell that Sam Rami and Bruce Cambell where on set everyday watching there once baby film get made into this big budget remake. The thing about the tone that is so great as that it ever lets up after it starts. Also another thing that i enjoyed was the way the film was shot. This film looked amazing and yeah its in a horror film. When you get a good DOP and really solid director for a horror movie that is a huge plus in my book. Now there was one really good actor and that was the person who was playing Mia her name was Jane Levy I thought her performance was the best of the bunch, but she out of all the characters had the most character for lack of a better word.

Now this film had a few problems for one. It didn't scare me. Not to the extent I thought it would. I thought it would be able to scare me just as much as Sinister did and Insidious did. It in this area it did let me down which is sad. Also with the great performance done by you have a bad and awful performance by the actress playing Daniel's girlfriend this girl was awful. I just didn't know why she was in the movie. Oh wait I figured it out. She was there to watch her die (that is really dark). She really didn't need to be in the film.

Now with all that done and said. This film is the best horror remake I have ever seen. It pays true to the frist film a lot and any fan of it will feel right at home. So for all the good this film has I am going to give this film a over all rating of

RATING
4 out of 5 Ticket Stubs



No comments: