March 31, 2013

G.I. Joe: Retaliation

G.I Joe: Retaliation is the sequel to the awful G.I Joe: Rise of Cobra. Now I personally didn't really enjoy the frist movie so I was hoping that this one was going to be better. Now I am happy to report that this film is a lot better then the frist. Not saying that this film is great but better

This film takes place right after the first one with the President still being capture and all the leaders of cobra commander still captured. This is a great place to start off the film. Now they delayed this film to "make the 3-D better" but we all know it was to add more Channing Tatum scenes. Now I was actually happy they add more scenes with him.  The Rock and Tatum had a lot of really good chemistry. This is a big plus for me and I wish there was more of it (sorry if that is a spolier to you). Now good thing they did to this film was they changed the tone of the film it was less Transformer like and more on the tone of action film form the 90's. Also the film look pretty good not as bad as the last but pretty good, but the best part of the film is the Rock. He really saves the movie for me. Watching him kick some serious ass all the way thought the film was great. He was the only real reason I wanted to go see the film.

Now this film still had a lot of negatives mainly with it. The film had not the best pace. It was pretty slow. I think that was because of side story Snake Eyes. I really wasn't into it and they also never explain why Strom Shadow is actually dead, but guess it is more to the "reboot". Also the film had one really great action scene in the beginning of the film and it slowly goes down hill form there, but I still enjoyed stuff blowing up and all that jazz. They also casted Raz as some ninja master and i thought he was so bad. I really didn't enjoy his part and his acting.

Now i really did enjoy the film for the fact I just turn my brain off for a few hours or so and enjoy what's on the screen, but if your going to see like the next Skyfall or Avengers you will be disappointed. So my final rating for this film is going to be

RATING
3 out of 5 Ticket Stubs

 

No comments: